We Wish Class Poems

A couple of years ago I wrote a poem for my students called “My Wish for You”.  It ended up as a “guest post” for my colleague, mentor, and friend Angela Maiers.  The past couple of years I’ve asked my kids to write a “We Wish” poem in response to what I wrote. Well, THIS YEAR, after a slow start with early outs due to extreme heat, we finally got our class poems done and videos made this week.  Here they are. I think the kids did a GREAT job on them. The words truly are their words, mostly serious and honest, but some reflect their 10-11 year old silliness. What a privilege to be called “teacher” by these kiddos. I truly have the best job in the world!

Please consider leaving us a comment and let us know what you think of our poems and videos.

-Mrs. T.G. 🙂

POEMS:
5TG We Wish
5P We wish

VIDEOS:
5p We Wish Video
5TG We Wish Video

One thought on “We Wish Class Poems

1. HI MrsTG’s and Kiddos,
    I missed this blog post last month, but I did watch your videos. I liked your wishes. I thought, as Mrs. TG said, they were deep, serious, (like no more bullying!) and occasionally silly, which are always fun to include, (like sleeping in and going to school later–maybe not such a silly idea!)

Congratulations on a job well-done. One thing I could say about the videos, since you asked: I wish the transitions could have been a bit longer. I have to listen really carefully and I didn’t always have time to comprehend what was said before the next one was being shared. I hated to miss anything. Maybe something to think about for next time. Anyway, I am proud of you all!

Sincerely,
    Denise Krebs