Update: Zaption Sold Out–EdPuzzle My New Favorite

Update 8/3/16

I had posted about Zaption being my favorite new tech tool (see below). Unfortunately, they sold out and will be shutting down in September. After doing some searching, I think EdPuzzle is the closest to what Zaption had to offer, PLUS they have a SUPER easy transfer wizard that will take your Zaption lessons and turn them into EdPuzzle lessons literally within a minute or two.  Love that! Here is a link to the video that shows how the transfer wizard works.  Let me know if you have any questions. I’ve been in touch with the creator of EdPuzzle and he is genuinely interested in making it useful for teachers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX_EJ40iGyw 

-Michelle

Original Post from June 2016:

“Don’t just watch. Learn.”

That’s the tag line of my new favorite tech tool.  Zaption allows users to create interactive video lessons by adding automatic pause points, questions, and student responses.  It is amazing and one of the best ways to add instant engagement, curiosity, and dialogue to a classroom.  Also, for those interested in the “flipped learning”, Zaption provides an avenue to gauge student learning.  There are so many incredible aspects of Zaption, I cannot begin to explain other than to say, once again, that it is my FAV-OR-ITE tool. Watch this short demo video to get a glimpse of what Zaption can do.