View of My “Room”

So, I hate the word “office”. Most teachers don’t have offices, so when I made the switch to instructional coaching, I didn’t like the sound of the word “office.” So I call this my “room”.  Being very visual, I LOVE peeking into the “rooms” of other instructional coaches and looking for ideas. This was especially true last fall when I first started as a coach.  So, knowing that there are a ton of new instructional coaches and teacher leaders in our area, I thought you might want a peek into MY “room”.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
-Michelle
@MrsTG 

3 thoughts on “View of My “Room”

1. Hi Jacqueline,
    How exciting to begin your first year as an instructional coach! I just had a colleague ask some of the same questions you are asking. I typed up a three page response for him–I just kept thinking of things he should know. I copied and pasted what I sent him into a blog post. You’ll find it on my blog today. (http://mrstg.edublogs.org/2016/08/21/instructional-coaching-what-do-you-do-advice-for-first-year-coaches/). Read through that and let me know if you have any other questions.
    Regards,
    Michelle

2. Love your Blog! This is my first year as an instructional coach. What tips can you give me? Also, how do you run a PLC effectively? How do you manage each grade level?
    Thank you! Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
    Jacqueline Philhower

3. Just discovered your blog and LOVE It. Would you consider sharing the Better Conversations beliefs and habits poster you typed up for the back of your door?